The minimum general requirements for the 4-years BBS programme are as follows:
1. An academic year will consist of a minimum of 150 teaching days excluding the days taken for admission and annual examinations.
2. The total instructional hours in an academic year will be 615 (150 days x 4:10 hours a day). For courses requiring field and practical works, additional hours of study will be required.
3. There will be a minimum of five periods (i.e. class hours) each teaching day. The campuses running morning or evening shifts will also be required to meet this minimum class requirement.
The final evaluation of students is done through the annual examination conducted by the Office of the Controller of Examinations, Tribhuvan University. However, for qualifying to appear in the annual examinations, students must meet the following requirements:
(a) The student must have a minimum of 70 percent attendance of the classes actually held.
(b) No student will be allowed to appear in the second year final examinations without first appearing in the first year final examinations.
The grading system in the annual examinations is as follows:
1. Third Division 35 Percent
2. Second Division 45 Percent
3. First Division 60 Percent
4. Distinction 75 Percent